Sunday, November 23, 2008

CW Source -- Podcast

http://blogs.trb.com/network/cwsource/podcasts/

As mentioned earlier in the week, I chose to follow the CW Source podcast, which revolves around three television shows on the CW TV station. I did listen to other, educational podcasts; hwoever, this was interesting for me to follow, and I could see other purposes of podcasts. Out of all of the shows on the CW, the podcast focuses on Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, and Supernatural. I thought this podcast was very fitting beause GG and OTH are two of my favorite shows.

The podcast is hosted by three girls. At the beginning of the week, I searched through some of their old podcasts because I was not caught up on the newest episodes of the shows. By today, I was able to listen to the most updated podcasts because I caught up with the shows during the wintry weather. At first, the podcast reminded me of The Hills: The Aftershow on MTV, which they either do on the TV station or through the website.

All in all, I enjoyed following the podcast for various reasons. It reminded me of a book talk because they would pose different questions and they analyzed one particular episode of one of the shows. Even though I'm in English teacher, I prefer to catch my favorite shows than read a book, so the podcast of the show was more my cup of tea. However, it made me think of how this could work with a book talk as well. The more I type, the more I think I could set something up like this in my classroom. Another attribute found within this podcast is that the girls voiced and supported their opinions, which allowed the listeners to see another viewpoint -- something I like to do in my classroom with my students all of the time. Another thing that drew me into this podcast was that I could listen to the girls, and it reminded me of how my friends and I would talk about some of the shows, voicing our opinions with each other. Sincie we no longer stay up-to-date, we cannot do that as much. Therefore, the podcast could be something to settle that void. Finally, besides giving all an evaluation and analysis of the show, the girls also discussed news and word on styles that connected to the show. To sum it up, I would continue to listen this podcast as it was a break from my hectic schedule.

No comments: